Our Latest News
December 10, 2012 | Orex And Astral Announce Signing Of Arrangement AgreementRead more...
Vancouver, British Columbia – December 10, 2012 – Orex Minerals Inc. (TSX-V: REX) (“Orex”) and Astral Mining Corporation (TSX-V: AA) (“Astral”) announce that further to their joint press release dated October 15, 2012, they have entered into an arrangement agreement ("Ar...
October 15, 2012 | Orex And Astral Announce Merger By Way Of Plan Of ArrangementRead more...
Vancouver, British Columbia – October 15, 2012 – Orex Minerals Inc. (TSX-V: REX) (“Orex”) and Astral
Mining Corporation (TSX-V: AA) (“Astral”) announce that they have agreed to merge and form a combined
gold and silver exploration and development company, which will ...
Fri, Aug 3,2012 | Astral Announces Private Placement Of Convertable NotesRead more...
Vancouver, British Columbia – August 3, 2012 - Astral Mining Corporation (AA.TSXV) (“Astral” or the “Company”) announces that it has arranged a further $50,000 private placement of convertible notes. The private placement will include insider participation as to $40,000...
Thu, Mar 8, 2012 | Astral Amends Barriere Ridge Option AgreementRead more...
Astral Amends Barriere Ridge Option Agreement Vancouver, British Columbia – March 8, 2011 - Astral Mining Corporation (AA.TSXV) (“Astral” or the “Company”) has entered into an amending agreement with David James Piggin dated March 6, 2012 (“the Amending Agreement”) tha...
Wed, Feb 1, 2012 | Astral Announces Final Results from Drilling at the Los Crestones Gold Discovery in the Sierra Madre Gold-Silver Belt, MexicoRead more...
Vancouver, BC - Astral Mining Corporation (TSX-V AA, AA.WT) ("Astral" or "the Company") is pleased to report the third and final batch of results from drilling at the Los Crestones property, Sinaloa state, Mexico. Highlights from Phase One drilling include previously announced...
Select Your Language
|Wed, Feb 1, 2012 | Astral Announces Final Results from Drilling at the Los Crestones Gold Discovery in the Sierra Madre Gold-Silver Belt, Mexico|
Vancouver, BC - Astral Mining Corporation (TSX-V AA, AA.WT) ("Astral" or "the Company") is pleased to report the third and final batch of results from drilling at the Los Crestones property, Sinaloa state, Mexico. Highlights from Phase One drilling include previously announced 5m averaging 39.1 g/t gold, 93.3 g/t silver and 2.13% copper from drillhole 11 (see December 12th 2011 news release). Intervals stated represent core length, true widths are not stated as mineralization geometry is not clear at this time.
Results from Phase I drilling successfully highlight the potential of the low-sulphidation epithermal system in which drilling tested mineralized exposures over a strike length of 300m. Three sub-parallel zones “Corona”, “Bohemia” and “Indio” trend north-south and have been mapped on surface for up to 930m (for drill plan see Astral’s current map page here). The zones consist of silicified breccias and quartz stockwork veins which exploit brittle fractures within multi-phase felsic intrusives and intermediate volcanics. Additional structures parallel to Corona, Bohemia and Indio have been identified. Astral is planning comprehensive follow-up programs including detailed geophysical and expanded geochemical surveys to assist targeting of Phase II drilling. Planned work aims to assess the extent and controls of the mineralizing system responsible for emplacement of the highly anomalous intervals reported from Phase I.
Holes reported in this release include 13-18 of the 18 hole program. Hole 13 was abandoned due to poor drilling conditions and did not reach target depth. Holes 14 and 15 targeted the Bohemia vein south along strike from previously reported intervals. Holes 16-18 were drilled from a single pad and targeted the Indio vein in what was the southernmost drilling conducted during Phase I.
Significant Drill Intersections From Holes 13 to 18 of Phase I Drill Program at the Los Crestones Project
1. Intervals are reported as core length. Astral cannot accurately estimate true width as the vein geometry is not clearly understood at this time.
2. No top cut has been applied.
3. Gold equivalent assumes 100% metallurgical recovery, Au at $1500/oz, Ag at $30/oz, Cu at $3/lb, 1 troy oz = 31.10348g, 1lb = 453.593g
4. Drilling tabulated above is HQ sized drill core sampled at one metre intervals where lithological contacts reasonably allowed.
5. Samples were halved using diamond core saw. Half-core is stored on site while the other half was sent to the laboratory.
6. Samples were sent to ALS Chemex in Hermosillo, Sonora for standard preparation and shipped to the Vancouver laboratory for analysis.
7. Samples were analysed for a standard multi-element suite by aqua regia digestion with ICP-AES finish on 0.5g sample charge (ALS code ME-ICP41) Overlimit analyses for silver, copper, lead and zinc were re-run using an Ore Grade aqua regia digestion with ICP-AES finish on an 0.4g sample (ALS code MEOG-46).
8. Samples were analysed for gold by routine fire assay and AAS finish on a 30g nominal sample weight (ALS code Au-AA23), Samples retuning over 10g/t gold were re-assayed by fire assay fusion, gravimetric finish on a 30g charge (ALS code Au-GRA21).
9. Astral incorporates blanks, certified standards and duplicate assays as part of industry standard QA/QC checks.
Due to high gold and silver values returned from batches in Phase I, Astral plans to conduct confirmation analyses including metallic screens for gold on stored coarse reject material. Duplicates on stored sample pulps are also planned.
Technical details contained in this news release have been reviewed by Dale Brittliffe, P.Geo., a Qualified Person as defined in National Instrument 43-101 and Astral’s V.P. Exploration.
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD
Mr. Manfred Kurschner,
President & CEO
Astral Mining Corporation
2012 Number 03